Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WHOA! Long time no blog..

I've meant to blog... I swear I have. I've actually been doing a lot, so I had a ton of stuff to write about BUT alas... I was so busy, that blogging got pushed aside in the midst of it all. I'm going to attempt to sum up the last few months in the best way I know how.. list form.
  • Christmas was awesome. I sang at a bunch of Masses and Christmas concerts for my job at St. Colette. Much fun!
  • I received one of my most favorite presents that I've ever been given - a ukulele! It's my new obsession and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've also been playing a lot more gigs! You can check out my new uke videos on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/lifeinacndyswrl Here's one for you if you just want to push play:
  • I got to see one of my favorite band's of ALL TIME, Eisley, at The Grog Shop. Along with The Nick Zuber Band, The Chapin Sisters and Rooney. It was a really great show. I've been wanting to see Eisley live for YEARS. (P.S. Eisley just released their new album "The Valley" yesterday. It rocks! It's streaming for free here so you can check it out and then you should probably buy it. :)
  • I went to hand feed some birds with my dad at the Brecksville Nature Center in the Cleveland Metroparks. It's so fun! The little birdies actually come sit right in your hand! Look at this little video I took:
  • I've been becoming more and more obsessed with social media, advertising and PR. I'm so happy that I picked the right career field back when I declared my major at CSU. The more I learn, the more I realize that I made the right choice and I feel really lucky to be enthusiastic about the classes I'm taking and the job that I'm hopefully going to get when I graduate.
  • Internships! Before now I never had enough time to apply for any, but now I'm finally going to go for it! I updated my resume yesterday and my cover letter is in progress, but I'm really excited to start applying for some and to get started this summer and gain more experience.
  • Speaking of school, two of my favorite classes this semester are: Photojournalism and Advertising Copy&Layout. Photojournalism is SO MUCH FUN! I've always loved to take pictures, now I get to do it for a grade and college credit! I also get to borrow the school's fancy digital SLR Olympus. Advertising Copy&Layout is great because I have an awesome professor. She teaches part-time and also works at BrandMuscle Inc., a local marketing company. I love that the class is really teaching me so much about what to expect from the kind of job that I might be getting. She also has had some great guest speakers come in and talk to us, which has been really interesting. You can really tell you're an advertising major when you find yourself unknowingly paying way more attention to commercials, magazine ads and billboards. It's pretty comical.
  • Last note about school: I'm Secretary of the Cleveland State Advertising Association and we've been working so hard on creating our campaign for JCPenney. We've got to have the book done this month, so we're pressing on through! Then, we'll be going to present our campaign at the National Student Advertising Competition in Kentucky at the end of April. I think I'm going to be a presenter this year so that's really exciting!
I think that's all I've got to say for now. Enjoy this extensive photo dump of pictures from the past couple months.

No comments: